The Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance (SHIBA) program provides free counseling to people with Medicare and those who assist them.
SHIBA is a free program offered by the state of Oregon.
A SHIBA volunteer can help you to:
- Learn more about starting Medicare
- Select a Medicare prescription drug plan
- Compare Medicare Advantage Plans
- Compare Medicare Supplement Plans
- Help you apply for Medicare Savings Programs, including Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug coverage
- Help you review your Medical bills
- File appeals or complaints.
One-on-one appointments are confidential.
We are in need of a volunteer for this position.
At this time please call the office in Medford for an appointment: 541-857-7780.